Saturday, July 21, 2007

Aww the Storms!

Yep, that is right, we are in rainy season and thus the storms have begun. Usually, everyday around 5ish in the afternoon the rain starts. Sometimes it is just a light rain, sometimes it is just thunder and lightening, or like today, we have the works: torrential downpours, thunder and lightening. The storms are actually pretty incredible. It rains so hard that you can hardly see and if you get caught outside in one, well you have had your bath for the day-two seconds and you are drenched to the bone. The streets turn to rivers and lakes and the rivers start to rise (not always a good thing). The good thing is it is not cold; the bad thing is they do tend to cause a lot of problems and flooding here in Honduras. We also tend to lose power and our water turns a fun reddish-brown and contains more dirt than water (that is if they do not turn the water off). All in all it is pretty amazing. I never knew it could rain so hard for so long. Sometimes the showers last 5mins, sometimes hours. It is definitely an experience and I love storms so it makes me happy.

Well I am going to get going, before my computer battery dies and before we lose power (yes, we are having one of the bigger storms right now so I wont be surprised if we don’t lose power later). Hope all is well with everyone and I will update this again later. Take care and I miss you all!

m

2 comments:

lisabj44 said...

Hey- someone sent me your blog. I was with PC in Ojos de Agua. Do you ever get out there? If so, I'd love to hear how it is these days.

Lisa Johnson

lisabj44 said...

oh by the way, if you know anything about Ojos de Agua, could you email me at lisabj44 at yahoo.com?
Thanks. I now live in Guatemala City- but was in PC in the mid-90's.
Thanks!
Lisa