Thursday, July 5, 2007

life in honduras continues

Hey everyone!


I know it has been WAY too long since I have updated this. No excuses. Anyway, things here are really goood. I just got back from a two week vacation in the states-it was so nice to see my family and some of my friends (sorry I did not get to see all of you!). And, my sister just left. She and a friend were down here visiting me for two weeks and it was absolutely amazing. It was so incredible to have the opportunity to share my life here in Honduras with her and to take her to Tela and spend my birthday in the Copan Mayan Ruins. My work is gradually improving and I am super excited to help out with training of the new volunteers that are getting to country on the 11th of this month. I start work in the aldeas, training teachers how to manage and run parenting schools for the families of those aldeas next week (if everything goes as planned). I am very excited that my work is actually starting to work again because it was pretty non-exisitant for so long. I am still teaching my 85 sixth graders english two days a week and I still have my english class for adults two nights a week. I am going to start up the baseball thing again so that we can have games with San Jeronimo soon. It has definitely been a crazy month and I am kind of looking forward to settling into things here again and getting back into the honduran life.

Other than that, things here are very tranquilo and I am throughly enjoying the experience. If nothing else, peace corps is an absolutely incredible learning experience on all levels. I appreciate this opportunity so much!

I promise I will update this more frequently and I miss you all bunches! Take care and send me emails whenever you get a chance. Besos y abrazos por la distancia!!!!!

-m

1 comment:

Okobojicat said...

Glad to see you got the blog up and running. I hope your sister had an amazing time down there.

Here, its getting boring because I don't have the power to actually make any decisions, and George (CEO) and Paul (VP) seem to fail at somethings.

But if I go more into that, I might get myself in trouble.

I realy think I could handle it here for 6 months, like the plan is, if I could just have a bit more time to plan for it so I know what to bring and stuff. The thing I miss the most so far: cereal.